We are closing for Christmas on Thursday 17th December at 4pm and reopen Monday 4th January from 10am. Sunderland Mind’s Board of Trustees, Staff, Volunteers and Service Users would like to thank you for all your support this year and wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
If you are in need of support or in crisis over the festive period there are a variety of organisations who can help.
- GP – Call your GP and tell them how you or the person is feeling. They may be able to offer support or notify an agency who can.
- CPN – If you have a Community Psychiatric Nurse you could contact them and tell them how you are feeling.
- Samaritans – 116 123 this is a free confidential 24 hour helpline if you feel you need to talk. You can also email email@example.com www.samaritans.org
- Childline – 0800 1111
- SHOUT – 85258 – free 24/7 text support service. This is an anonymous service and will not appear on your phone bill. To start a conversation, text ‘SHOUT’ to 85258. If you are a keyworker and in need of support, you can text ‘KEYWORKER’ TO 85258 to speak confidentially to a trained volunteer.
- Sunderland Initial Response Team (IRT) – If you are in crisis, the Initial Response Team provides practical advice, emotional support from qualified nursing staff and when appropriate, routing to the right service. The team is made up of a clinical lead, qualified mental health clinicians and experienced support staff. The team are also supported by clinicians from specialist areas of care such as Children’s and Young People’s Mental Health Services, Learning Disability Services and Older Persons’ Mental Health Services. The service is available 24 hours, 7 days a week, throughout the year and can be contacted on 0303 123 1145. For deaf service users please text 07889 036 280.
- CNTW NHS – Urgent Numbers – If you live in South Tyneside or Sunderland and are in need of urgent help with your mental health right now, you can phone the following numbers for free – Adults – 0800 652 2861 – Children and Young People – 0800 652 2862 – Deaf service users please text – 07887 652 277. All these numbers are accessible 24/7.
- Sunderland Psychological Wellbeing Service (IAPT) – 0191 566 5454 – You can access this service Monday to Friday between the hours of 9-5. You can also support through the self-referral feature on their website – http://sunderlandiapt.co.uk/self-referral/
- Wearside Women In Need – 0800 066 5555 – this is a 24hr helpline dedicated to those suffering from domestic abuse.
If you are in need of advice on how to support a loved one, practical help on issues such as the Mental Health Act, community care and welfare benefits, living with mental illness, medication or care you can contact –
- Rethink Mental Illness Advice Line – 0300 5000 927 10am – 2pm Monday – Friday.
- Mind Infoline – 0300 123 3393 9am – 6pm Monday – Friday
- NHS Direct – 111 has psychiatric nurses on the switchboard who can offer advice. www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk
- Sunderland City Council – Adult Services on 0191 520 5552. This is the number of the Call Handling Team who will take basic contact details before referring to the Advice & Assessment Team or one of the Complex Teams for social care needs.